Tuesday, November 6, 2012

What Is the Connection?

Ever since I first read The Magician's Nephew, I have wondered about the city Charn where Jadis the witch came from. Jadis had annihilated all of the life on the planet after a bitter civil war that she was about to lose. For lack of time (surprise surprise), I won't repeat the history that Jadis provides, particularly since anyone reading this will likely have read the book. What I wonder about is how the history of Charn relates to the history of Earth. I don't see any strong parallels between Charn and the War in Heaven, aside from the loose civil war connection.

As of the present moment, I haven't many answers to this question of correlation between the story and reality. I'm going to have to give it the consideration it deserves and, hopefully, I'll be able to determine what symbols Lewis was embedding into the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment