Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Shorter Than I Would Like...

So I'm really short on time right now so this post will be much shorter than I would like it to be. I am particularly disgruntled because this post concerns a scene that I have thought about over and over again. Nevertheless, I don't think I have yet grasped what Lewis intended by it. The episode I am referring to is immediately after Peter slays Maugrim/Fenris Wolf and Aslan instructs him to clean his sword and to always do so after combat.

I have a few notions about what Aslan/Lewis meant on a deeper level, but I'm not convinced that any of them are correct. Not one seems to have that "last piece of the puzzle" feel to it. I'm hoping that someday the full truth suddenly hits me or is suggested to me by someone else. Until then, I suppose I'll have to live with the gaping hole of the incomplete, yet acknowledged, lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment